2560 High Hill Rd
Madroña Vineyards Open House – Re-Opening Phase 2 Style
Most of you know that Madroña’s Annual Open House is El Dorado County’s oldest consecutively celebrated winery event. Every year for the past 40 years, we have held our Open House in May, celebrating our new (and old) wines with hamburgers, French fries and friendship. Wanting to keep the tradition running, we are moving towards celebrating our Open House on Saturday, May 30th and Sunday, May 31st. With this, though, comes a lot of new regulations for safety reasons.
1. All tastings will be done by reservation only and paid for on the same ticket. We are currently setting up this system as we speak.
2. Tastings will be served with a meal. This works for Open House nicely.
3. Tastings will be held outside, with tables set a fare distance apart.
4. We will be serving a choice of flights of wine with the “meal”.
5. Tastings will last up to an hour, at which point we need to prepare (sterilize the table) for the next guests.
6. Tastings are for 2-6 people per table, and tasters must arrive at the same time. (Tables cannot be moved together to host more than 6 people.)
7. Our employees will be wearing masks to serve you, practicing social distancing.
8. We’re sure there will be other limitations and rules as everything seems to change daily.
We appreciate your patience as we try to figure out the new “normal”. Your safety and our employees’ safety is of our utmost concern, and thus the precautions we take will be strictly adhered to. (Plus they are required by the state of California and ABC.) Ultimately, it will be different yet memorable experience of wine tasting.
We will be sending out more information this week as we solidify all our plans. Be warned, however, that we are limited in the number of tables we have. So when we start taking reservations and you are hoping to come out, you’d better sign up quickly as we won’t have much flexibility after reservations fill up!