The Apple Hill Growers looks forward to welcoming visitors this fall harvest season. We are committed to making safety a top priority this year. Farms and wineries are implementing protocols in accordance with California Industry Guidance for COVID-19 operations to ensure the safety of our guests and employees.
Here are a few tips that every visitor should know while planning their visit.
- Masks are required. Guests and employees will be wearing them.
- Please consider keeping groups to household members only.
- Businesses have been configured to allow for appropriate social distancing in all areas, including additional sanitation measures.
- Businesses are implementing safe payment options.
- Some farms and wineries are taking reservations for visits and you-pick activities, so call ahead to be sure.
The Apple Hill Growers want to show their appreciation to its neighbors for supporting local farms and wineries with its Locals’ Days 2020 celebration. From Friday, September 11 to Sunday, September 13, El Dorado County residents will receive special discounts from more than a dozen Apple Hill Growers. “The Apple Hill Growers have been farming in El Dorado County for more than five decades and we wouldn’t be here without the support and patronage of our neighbors,” said Chris Delfino of Delfino Farms and President of the Apple Hill Growers Association. “Locals Days is our time to give back.”
Click here for detailed map and brochure for Locals’ Days
Visitors just need to bring proof of residency to the following farms to be eligible for the deals:
- Abel’s Apple Acres: 15% off purchases
- Apple Ridge Farms: unbaked, frozen pies for $15 (limit 2)
- Boeger Winery: $5 wine flight (regularly $10), 10% discount on two bottles or more
- Delfino Farms: free ice cream scoop with the purchase of a slice of pie
- Denver Dan’s Apple Patch: 10% off a slice of pie or dumpling
- Fudge Factory Farm: half price ice cream
- Goldbud Farms: buy five pounds of fruit, get one free
- Harris Tree Farm: get a free half dozen mini apple cider donuts with $20 purchase
- Hidden Star Camino: enjoy a limited release 22oz bottle of Farmer’s Market Reserve hard apple cider
- Lava Cap Winery: complimentary wine tasting
- Madroña Vineyards: two tastings for the price of one plus 15% off wine purchases
- O’Halloran’s Apple Trail Ranch: buy one bag of apples, get one free
- Rainbow Orchards: baker’s dozen (13) for the price of one dozen hot apple cider donuts
- Rucksack Cellars: two tastings for the price of one plus 15% off wine purchases
- Sloan Winters Mountain Orchard: 10% off purchases
- Wofford Acres Vineyards: Wine Club discount for locals
Reservations are required or strongly recommended for all our wineries so please call ahead to
ensure you have the best outdoor tasting experience.
For a link to a list of all our farms: CLICK HERE