The Apple Hill Growers look forward to welcoming visitors this fall harvest season. We are committed to making safety a top priority this year. Farms and wineries are implementing protocols in accordance with California Industry Guidance for COVID-19 operations to ensure the safety of our guests and employees.
Here are a few tips that every visitor should know while planning their visit.
- Masks are required. Guests and employees will be wearing them.
- Please consider keeping groups to household members only.
- Businesses have been configured to allow for appropriate social distancing in all areas, including additional sanitation measures.
- Businesses are implementing safe payment options.
- Some farms and wineries are taking reservations for visits and you-pick activities, so call ahead to be sure.
Johnny Appleseed Day
Apple Hill Growers Invite Families to Celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day with special events and activities honor the legendary apple farmer. Johnny Appleseed began planting apple trees in Pennsylvania in the late 1700s and, as legend has it, he walked across the nation, planting as he went. In honor of the fabled farmer and outdoorsman, the Apple Hill Growers are hosting a day of fun, family activities on Sunday, September 20.
“The Apple Hill Growers might not be here without Johnny Appleseed,” said Chris Delfino of Delfino Farms and President of the Apple Hill Growers Association. “Celebrating his contributions to not just apple farmers but to all farms is a great way to teach kids about agriculture and nurture a love of farm fresh produce.”
On September 20, families can enjoy a variety of activities and treats at a dozen Apple Hill Growers farms:
- Abel’s Apple Acres: Johnny Appleseed measuring tree, plus a fact sheet and coloring page
- Apple Pantry: Dip your own caramel apple (free for kids 14 and under)
- Apple Ridge Farms: free coloring book for kids 12 and under
- Delfino Farms: cooking classes and pie eating contents for kids
- Denver Dan’s Apple Patch: free apple for kids 12 and under
- Harris Tree Farm: scavenger hunt and make your own mini caramel apples
- Hidden Star Camino: enjoy special Johnny Appleseed Birthday donuts
- Lava Cap Winery: special tasting of Limited Reserve Dessert Wine
- O’Halloran’s Apple Trail Ranch: special Apple Hill cake, visit a tree grafted from one of
- Johnny’s trees, free apple for kids under 12
- Rainbow Orchards: birthday goodie bag for children 12 and under
- Sloan Winters Mountain Orchard: 10% off you-pick and a free coloring page
- Wofford Acres Vineyards: 15% off of two or more bottles of hard cider (reservation