Create new holiday traditions at Apple Hill Growers Christmas Tree Farms
Family farms with Christmas Trees begin to open for the 2022 holiday season
Camino, CA (November 16, 2022) – The apple harvest is behind us and now is a great time to visit Apple Hill Growers farms and get your family ready for the holidays! Apple Hill tree farms will be open the weekend after Thanksgiving – and one opens this weekend. Visitors can pick their own tree, and in many places, cut it down themselves, while bake shops and wineries are bustling with the holiday spirit.
“There’s no better way to create wonderful traditions with your family than by joining our families to choose your holiday tree,” said Chris Delfino of Delfino Farms and President of the Apple Hill Growers Association. “Apple Hill has everything to make your holiday festive and memorable. While you’re here, stop by our bake shops and wineries for mouthwatering pies, baked goods and wines for your holiday table.”
- Apple Country Christmas Tree: Opens Nov. 25 (closed Tuesdays) until sold out.
- Crystal Creek Tree Farm: Open Nov 19 (daily) until sold out.
- Fudge Factory Farm: Open Nov 16 (daily) until sold out.
- Hacienda Orchards: Open Nov. 25 (daily)
- Harris Family Farm: Open Nov. 17 for trees (Thursday to Sunday, Reservations Required)
- Hillside Tree Farm: Open Nov. 25 (Friday to Sunday) until sold out.
- Indian Rock Tree Farm: Open Nov. 25 (Friday to Monday) until sold out.
- Madrone Tree Hill: Open Nov. 25 (Saturdays and Sundays) until sold out.
- O’Halloran’s Apple Trail Ranch: Open Nov. 25 for trees (daily)
- Rapetti Farms: Open by appointment only
- Silverthorn Meadows: Open Nov. 25 (Saturdays and Sundays) until sold out.
Most of our tree farms will stay open until Christmas Eve or until they sell out before then.
Most Apple Hill Growers cultivate live trees using a practice that allows a new tree to sprout from the stump so cutting the tree doesn’t kill it. Trees also benefit the environment by stabilizing the soil, absorbing greenhouse gases and emitting oxygen.
During the holiday season, many bake shops and tasting rooms will be decorated in the spirit of the season. Bring your family and enjoy a cup of hot apple cider and take in the fall foliage while shopping for unique and special gifts. Many farms produce artisan products that make great hostess gifts or stocking stuffers from jams and sauces to olive oils and lavender sachets and more.
For more information on what’s in season and maps of the area, please visit the Apple Hill Growers website at http://applehill.com/ and follow @applehillofficial on Facebook and Instagram for up-to-the- minute information.
About Apple Hill Growers
Founded in 1964, The Apple Hill Growers are dedicated to supporting agriculture in El Dorado County. The organization began with 16 apple ranches and has grown to include unique fruit & veggie farms, wineries, B&Bs, flower gardens, Christmas tree farms and a day spa. The more than 50 farms of Apple Hill produce a variety of crops including apples, berries, stone fruit, vegetables, wine grapes and flowers.