OCTOBER TRAVEL TIPS
IMPORTANT! Know before you go:
- Yes, you CAN drive to and park at ALL Apple Hill Growers that are open in October (see hours and days open HERE)
- Weekdays are a great time to visit! Fewer crowds and many ranches are open.
- Explore ranches you may not have visited before – they are all gems! See the Apple Hill Grower Map.
October Weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
- Travel on Carson Rd for vehicles will be one way, EASTBOUND only from Abel’s Apple Acres to just east of High Hill Ranch, and WESTBOUND lane will be for the Shuttle and Official Use ONLY! *** NOTE: Access to HIGH HILL RANCH will be available using Exit 54 traveling WESTBOUND on Carson Rd. until Approx NOON. After that access will be EASTBOUND only from Abel’s to High Hill.
- Hwy 50 Exits that will be open are Exits 48, 49, & 54.
- Visitors can use an optional, free shuttle bus, provided by El Dorado County to some farms. Parking for shuttle is limited to 300-400 spaces. Shuttle Parking Lot at 2796 Larsen Rd (see Shuttle Map for details).
- Be alert, watch for directional signs, and above all, enjoy a beautiful October day with the Apple Hill Growers!